"The gift you have received, give as a gift."
- Matthew 10:8
Doing community service doesn't have to end after you graduate college. Alumni for Others is a service program for LMU alumni, family and friends that allows you to continue to give back. Whether it's building a house in Tijuana, renovating an inner-city Catholic school or tutoring 8th grade students, there is a project for you.
In addition to the service projects, participants are guided through reflection questions about their experience and how being a person for others can become a part of their everyday life. Reunite with other alumni, meet new friends or bring your family while helping to make a difference!
Annual Service Opportunities
LMU Day of Service
The LMU Day of Service is a great opportunity to roll up your sleeves and make a positive contribution to your local community. To find a service project in your region, and to sign up as a volunteer today, go to 2016 LMU Day of Service.
Santa Ana Loaves and Fishes Soup Kitchen
Provide assistance for more than 700 needy families in Santa Ana while they select clothing, toiletry items, school supplies, shoes, etc. No experience is necessary. We encourage you to invite your family and friends to help.
Inner City Catholic School Community Service Project - Los Angeles
Provide assistance with general clean up of the school grounds, cleaning various items and a variety of painting projects. To find out more about the Alumni for Others program or how you can become involved, contact Alumni Relations at 310.338.3065 or email@example.com.
Additional Service Opportunities
Can't make the date but still want to volunteer? Check out the following organizations for more service opportunities:
- Boys and Girls Club in Orange County (family services manager Paul Ramirez '92)
- La Gloria Orphanage in Tijuana (project coordinator Monica Santos '79)
- Loaves and Fishes Soup Kitchen in Santa Ana (director Maria Dzida '74, MA '95)
- Loyola High School Tutoring Program
- PAX/Yes Student Exchange Program at LMU
- Reading Partners (site director Erica Trullinger '04)
- South Central Ministry Project (LAMP) in Los Angeles
- St. Joseph Center in Venice (volunteer coordinator services Tiana Rideout '05)
- St. Margaret's Center in Lennox (executive director Mary Agnes Erlandson '82)
- St. Robert's Center in Venice