The LAA scholarship application cycle for the 2020-2021 incoming freshmen is now closed.
LMU Latino Alumni Association Scholarship Program
Latino/Latina students represent 22.7% of the LMU student body; of these students, the majority receive some form of financial aid. The LMU Latino Alumni Association awards partial scholarships to incoming LMU freshman who demonstrate financial need, academic achievement and a commitment to the Latino community. This is a four-year renewable scholarship opportunity for students who continue to maintain the minimum requirements. Not only do our scholars receive financial assistance in the form of a partial scholarship, they also benefit from the encouragement and mentorship of the LMU Latino Alumni Association community at large.
The success of this scholarship program is due to the dedication of the LAA board, alumni, university faculty and staff, friends and the many sponsors who believe in our mission and goal. The university plays a major role in the success of this program by matching all LAA scholarship dollars awarded at a 2-to-1 ratio, up to $150,000 in an academic year.
The LAA scholarship program is fortunate and indebted to alumni and sponsors who have established scholarships benefiting our scholars.
- Anatolia Etcheverry de Gaviña Memorial Scholarship
- Alexandria Marie de La Torre-ED Hispanic Media Memorial Scholarship
- Argelia Atilano Scholarship
- Archbishop Gomez-Catholic Association of Latino Leaders Scholarship
- Celia Margaret Gonzalez Torres Memorial Scholarship
- David and Christina Moreno Family Scholarship
- Donald and Michele Alvarado Family Scholarship
- Dr. Graciela Limón Scholarship
- Flores-Watase Family Scholarship
- Lynda Hernandez and Elisa Vásquez Scholarship
- Marcela Escobar-Alava Family Scholarship
- Professor Jesús L. Legaspi Scholarship
- Rose Acosta Yonai and John Yonai Scholarship
- Sara Mijares Del Fium Scholarship
- SOL Scholarship
- Salinas Family Scholarship
- Society of American Military Engineers Scholarship
- Southern California Edison Latino Alumni Association Scholarship
- University Credit Union Scholarship
For questions, please contact the LMU Latino Alumni Association office below.
LMU Latino Alumni Association
1 LMU Drive, University Hall, Suite 2800
Los Angeles, California 90045-2659
For other scholarship opportunities, please view the Scholarships page of the Financial Aid website.